Writer, Bookworm, Music Freak, Linguaphille, Forthright, Witty, Introvert, Loves Literature, Traveler, Football, Fiction Addict, Funny, Counter Strike, Gaming, Friends, Hang-outs, Contemplates, Lionel Messi, Roger Federer, Cartoons.





Till Life Did Us Part!!

Friday, March 29, 2013

I still remember the last day of my graduation, people elated, relieved and not to mentioned tired. The day had finally arrived for which we have been waiting from the day when we realized the true essence of graduation- probably the first day I suppose!  :P

Chanting, shouting, screaming, jumping high in the air, and getting pictures clicked by all the class-mates. Promising them that we shall stay in touch for the rest of our lives, come what may, we shall cross paths every now and then, call up each other twice, thrice a day, meet up twice a week and make sure every day is just an another day at college.

8 months after the last day at college, and in to this so- called corporate life style, I realized I made promises that I can’t keep, I hardly meet my friends, all the I’ll be in touch phrases seem to be long forgotten. I refrain myself from dozing off after I have my dinner so that I can call a friend of mine and get to know how is he doing, but in vain. Even if I manage to call up a friend, most of the time the conversation happens to be about mundane things and ends up on a “let us meet some time” note!

After 5 days of work, getting out of my bed seems to be an herculean task let alone going out and hanging out with friends. Everything despite being monotonous and thrill-lacking one is bound to be sucked in to the same rigmarole day after day.



At times I become nostalgic, just listening to my brother talk about his day at college. The records, exams, lectures, slogging for attendance, last minute run for the evaluation of records, seminars, bunking classes; which once seemed to be never ending, is now history which carved numerous memories on our hearts. Every day an adventure, joy full and awesome!

I still remember the pocket money crunch I had at times, that made me settle only for a couple of "Samosa’s" and my appetite admonished me for not saving the money properly.  Now it is the other way round where the appetite has grown smaller and money has taken lead. I wish I could go back to the college days and cease to exist in that very moment. Because life now has only one thing to offer- Nothing! Eat, Poop, Work, Sleep  and well eat and poop again. 



 Though we made stringent promises that our “lives” would be the same even after the college days as it turned out life itself did us part.

Adios!!

4 comments:

Sunaina Patnaik said...

True story! I am glad I get to meet few of my friends. But well, it definitely is not like how it used to be. How I wish it was!

Aditya said...

Yeah, it is not the way it was! :/

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This article could not be written much better!
Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!

He always kept preaching about this. I will forward this post to him.
Pretty sure he will have a very good read. I appreciate you for sharing!


Feel free to surf to my web site: musicos artistas

Aditya Kasibhatla said...

@Anonymous: Thanks a ton! :)

Post a Comment